Study travel agencies
We welcome applications from active language travel and study abroad agencies - large or small companies, established and new businesses. With limited places at the IALC Workshop, we review applications individually, based on productivity, market and potential, with the aim of bringing a wide and balanced range of agencies to meet our member schools.
We host one person per agency - though you may register additional delegates at the standard fee. To make the most of the IALC Workshop, we recommend that your delegate has a senior position or is in charge of selecting language programmes at your agency. The minimum age for participation is 16 years. 16-year-olds pay the full delegate rate.
If you are an established agency, the more students you have sent recently to IALC schools, the better your chance of being accepted. You can search and contact IALC schools using our course finder.
The educators at our Workshop are the IALC-accredited language centres from 20 countries around the world. With a fantastic range of destinations, language centres and language programmes for all ages and needs, the IALC Workshop is the best specialist language travel workshop in the industry!
Step 1 - Complete the online application form. By completing the application form you agree for your agency to be assessed for IALC partner agency status.
Step 2 - We review your application based on the business information you provide and also feedback from IALC schools. We are looking for a range of agents from many different markets with good business potential for IALC schools. We'll let you know within two weeks whether you are accepted at the Workshop. We may ask for references or offer you a place on a waiting list.
Step 3 - Accepted agencies receive a confirmation email and an invoice for the nominal registration fee - to be paid within 28 days. If payment is not received by Sunday 26 February 2017 through the StudyPay Payment Gateway the booking will be cancelled.
IALC offers each agency one room inclusive of internet from 23 - 26 March (3 nights). You can share this room with a companion or additional delegate. Delegates are responsible for all other hotel accommodation and incidental costs. Breakfast is NOT included in your room, however a light breakfast buffet will be available in the workshop area on workshop days: Friday 24 and Saturday 25 March only.
You can book extra nights or additional rooms for colleagues at our preferential rates when you register, or by logging into the My Registration page at a later date.
Extra nights and additional rooms are payable directly by you to the hotel in USD on departure.
Step 1 - Fam-trips should be requested when you apply online for the Workshop.
Step 2 - When a workshop application is approved, we send the fam trip request to the relevant fam-trip coordinator.
Step 3 - The fam trip coordinator will contact you directly within 5 working days to let you know if you are accepted on the fam-trip.
Step 4 - Accepted fam trip participants then receive an email from IALC with a separate invoice for the fam-trip.
You can amend your booking up to Wednesday 15 February 2017. All changes must be notified to us in writing. Please use the direct link in your confirmation email, and log in using your confirmation number if you need to:
- add an additional delegate or companion package
- change an accommodation request
- change a fam-trip request
- change a delegate name
- amend your company or contact information
After Wednesday 15 February 2017, you can still add companions and additional delegates and amend your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However there is a 25.00 EUR administration fee per amendment.
PLEASE NOTE: amendments to fam-trips and accommodation are not confirmed until you receive the email from IALC confirming the change.
- Approved applicants receive a confirmation and invoice in EUR by email. You must pay within 28 days of receiving your invoice.
- Each working delegate receives a separate invoice. Companion fees are included on the working delegate's invoice. To download individual invoices or a group statement of account, log into your My Registration page.
- Invoices do not show accommodation charges. Any accommodation charges are settled directly with the hotel on departure in USD.
- If you have a confirmed place on a fam-trip or if you add an item later, you will receive a separate invoice for this.
Your invoice is your receipt. If you require a special receipt or stamp, please contact us.
You may pay by credit card or by local bank transfer through the IALC StudyPay Payment Gateway:
- By credit card
A 2% charge applies.
- By bank transfer
Most delegates can make a bank transfer payment via StudyPay in local currency to a local, in-country bank account. The transaction fee is £2 or the equivalent in your local currency, while for those outside the Euro Zone, StudyPay promises highly competitive exchange rates.
For assistance, contact StudyPay directly on email@example.com.
Contact the IALC Team on firstname.lastname@example.org to pay by another method.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received on or before Friday 10 February 2017 will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received between Friday 10 February and Sunday 26 February 2017 are subject to a cancellation charge of 125.00 EUR per person.
- Cancellations received on or after Sunday 26 February 2017 are subject to a cancellation charge of total registration fees + 1 nights hotel accommodation per room cancelled (231 EUR).